We caught up with Oleg Malenkov, Chief Operating Officer & Co-Founder at Concepter, the company that created the iblazr LED light. The newest version of the product was on hand at PhotoPlus Expo 2015. It is wireless and connects via bluetooth. Filmakr creator George Spyros used only one camera app to shoot, edit and post this video to social sites. That app? Filmakr of course! The ONLY all-in-one video-making app.
How this short film was made with a single video maker app
George shot on his trusty iPhone 6S+. The Beastgrip Pro provided stability. The cold shoe mount held the Sennheiser shotgun for nice directional audio. Of course we had the iblazr 2 onboard with diffusion for nice lighting! A Filmakr custom preset was created for this series of films. The 1080p 75 Mbps high quality preset included a Music Bed, Intro / Outro titles and Intro Bumper. First he shot the interview. Then he shot the b-roll footage, some of which was at 120 frames per second slow motion. He edited by slicing the interview clips and removing unwanted sound bites. After rearranging the sound bites to tell the story, he used b-roll to illustrate the interview leveraging Filmakr’s one-of-a-kind drag-and-drop b-roll feature.
About iblazr 2 LED Wireless Flash for iPhone, iPad and Androids
• Wireless syncing. Works with native camera apps on iOS and Android thru Bluetooth 4.0
• Adjustable color temperature and brightness. A physical touch sensor lets you adjust the light color temperature from 3200K to 5600K to help you take better films in every situation.
• Works as a selfie remote. Uses Bluetooth to replicate the effect of a camera shutter.
• Bright constant light for video taking on smartphones/tablets and digital cameras using the cold shoe mount.
• Multiple syncing. Use up to 10 iblazr flashes to enlarge the total amount of light.