The Filmakr experience is designed to get you shooting right away with a quick start. No need to create an account, nor to sign in, nor even to create and name a new project. Just tap the record button and you’ve started your first film.
Quick Start: Camera AND Editor
It is very important you understand that your Filmakr app :
• Is both a CAMERA and EDITOR.
• Toggles between a CAMERA MODE and a PLAYBACK MODE.
When you see the red RECORD BUTTON Filmakr is in CAMERA MODE. When you see the white SHUTTER closed over the record button Filmakr is in PLAYBACK MODE, the mode in which you can play and edit your loaded film project.
Quick Start: First Launch
When you launch the app for the first time, Filmakr is in CAMERA MODE. You will see three info bubbles.
Quick Start option #1:
For a really quick start, just tap the RECORD BUTTON to begin shooting!
You’ve now create a 1080 24p HD standard bit rate film using the default “Blank” preset.
Quick Start option #2:
1. Tap “+” in the upper-right to Create New Film.
2. Select a PRESET. Presets create your film with:
Format (4K, 1080), Aspect Ratio, Filter, Music & Speed.
Quick Start: Filmstrip View
To toggle to your Filmstrip View Tap the FILMSTRIP ICON or double-tap the screen.
Quick Start: Playback Mode
To enter Playback Mode just touch your Filmstrip.
Quick Start: MAKE your film
To finish your film and export it to the Camera Roll –while in Playback Mode — tap MAKE in the upper-right corner.
Quick Start: Camera Mode
To return to Camera Mode just tap the Shutter.
Quick Start: Film Settings
To change Film Settings like filter, aspect ratio mask, soundtrack/music, speed (slow-mo etc), format (e.g. HQ 50mbps 48kHz) tap top center drop down.
Quick Start: Camera Settings
For camera tips and camera settings, Tap Gear in the lower-right corner.
Quick Start: Your Films List
Access your FILMS LIST by tapping the F button in the upper-left corner of the Main Screen.
The top row of the Films List is your currently active, OPEN FILM PROJECT you are working on. When you open another film by tapping on the row, it moves to the top of the list.
Swipe left or tap the triangle to manage your films:
• Copy All Clips: Copies all clips to the Camera Roll on your device.
• Dropbox Sync: Automatically copies all media to Dropbox as it is added to your project.
– When you delete your Film Project you DELETE ALL MEDIA USED IN THAT FILM which is not currently being used in another project.
– Media (video clips, audio files, photos) which has 1) been Removed and Saved from a filmstrip and 2) is not currently being used in another project is stored in the UNUSED MEDIA repository.